The construction of Regional Hospital for Pediatric surgery located in Entebbe is now complete and well equipped. The hospital is expected to be fully functional in 2021.
The hospital has a capacity of 72 beds, 6 of which will be in the intensive care unit and 16 in the post-intensive unit.
Hospital facilities will include the following departments:
1. Emergency department – open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
2. Outpatients department (OPD) – screening, follow up and specialized consultations open from 8am to 4pm, 6 days a week
3. Diagnostic tests department – open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
4. Blood bank
5. Operating Theatres (3) and Sterilization
6. 6 bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
7. Ward (50 beds)
10. Technical department
11. Ancillary and domestic services (laundry, maintenance, etc.)
12. Guesthouse for regional patients and relatives (40 people)
The teaching hospital has been constructed by Government of Uganda with support from Emergency, an Italian based NGO. It will offer paediatric surgery in Uganda free of charge surgery to children under 18 years and training of doctors and nurses.
Additionally the hospital will provide services to our neighboring countries. We are committed to providing improved and quality service delivery to our population.