The 2nd batch of recruitment of 5000 police recruits has commenced on Monday 7/09/2020 and applications are invited from interested candidates beginning 7th September 2020 till the 19th September 2020, and should be submitted at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters.
The applications shall be transferred to Police Headquarters where a shortlist of successful candidates shall be processed and published for interviews at a date that will be released later.
This new batch of officers forms part of the recruitment of 10000 new police officers which was launched in August 2019, as part of the police uplift program.
It is the determination of Uganda Police Force to continue with the planned programs despite the difficult Covid-19 climate. The 1st batch of new officers was successfully passed out, Covid-19 free on the 21/08/2020.
“We would like to further reiterate that the police is on equal opportunities employer and the process of recruitment is by rule and merit. The effective recruitment into the force is subject to successful completion of the initial training”, Enanga said during the press Conference.
He added that all applicants are warned against giving bribes or make attempts to influence the recruitment process through politicians, unscrupulous people, intermediary agents or policemen.
Enanga also added that public should know that being a police officer is more than a career, but a noble calling. Any persons found to be giving false promises must be reported to the nearest police station, PSU or other Anti-Corruption Agency for investigation.
All interested applicants are advised to read and acquaint themselves with the minimum eligibility criteria before they apply. As a reminder they must;
- Possess a maximum academic qualification of UCE Certificate (O’level) or its equivalent with at least 4 credits including English and at least a pass in mathematics. Those who possess qualifications above UCE should NOT
- Be a Ugandan Citizen Valid National ID (NIN)
- Have no criminal record
- Be ready to undertake the requisite twelve months Police Basic Training Course.
- Be physically fit
- Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Be ready to work in any part of the country.
- Possess good communication skills
- Must not be a former serving officers in any of the Forces.
HOW TO APPLY
- Hand written applications addressed to the IGP accompanied by
- Certified copies of Academic documents
- Photocopy of the National ID
- Photocopy of the ID of the previous schools attended.
- 3 recent Passport size photographs
- Recommendation letters from LCI, LCII, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of recruitment).
- All in the file folder which should be delivered to the Police District/Divisional Headquarters not later than 19/09/2020.
- Only shortlisted Candidates shall be invited from interviews on dates to be communicated.